Interested in volunteering? Join us for an orientation on Tuesday, January 31 | 9:30am - 11:30am
You will hear more about the opportunities and become better acquainted with the Norlands. Coffee and light refreshments will be served. A tour of the 1867 Washburn mansion is included.
RSVP by January 26th. To register, call 207-897-4366 or email email@example.com. In case of snow or ice, the orientation will be held on Thursday, February 1st.
Internship and volunteer opportunities are available.
We will work with you to create an opportunity tailored to your interests.
Learn new skills and make new friends while making an impact at the Norlands!
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- Tour Guides – for both mansion and site tours
- Educational Program Interpreters – lead living history for school programs
- Grounds and Minor Building Maintenance
- Special Events - publicity, admissions, gift shop, planning
- Collections Management and Inventory and/or Research
- Administration/Office support
- Fundraising and Friendraising
People volunteer for all kinds of reasons and some of them are:
- Making new friends
- Learning new skills
- Keeping alive the skills you do have by practicing or sharing them
- Making an impact
- Learning more about your community and your neighbors
- Building confidence and self-esteem
- An excuse to try something you've never done before
- Learn about yourself
- Feeling needed and important
- Feeling satisfaction at getting things done and helping others
- Fighting boredom
- Relieving stress
- Spending time doing something you really care about
- Feeling like you're part of the community
- Having fun
To inquire about volunteer opportunities: Call 207-897-4366 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.